Benefits Of Route 250 Martial Arts For Your Child
Benefits of Route 250 Martial Arts for your child
At Route 250 Health and Performance, we believe that a child’s total well being, both physical and psychological, can be strengthened at the same time. While physical aspects of exercise and Martial Arts training improve your child’s general health, it also improves emotional health and enhances self-esteem and self-confidence. Martial arts can also decrease tension, stress, anxiety, and depression.
Here are the top 10 benefits Route 250 Martial Arts programs can do for your child:
1. Self Defense - At Route 250 Martial Arts, our instructors have over 90 years of black belt experience. We have trained numerous National champions and have also competed successfully internationally. Whether you want to become the next champion or want to learn how to defend yourself, we have the instructors that can make it happen. Your child will learn how to protect themselves as well as anticipate and avoid potential dangers. Training will build up their reflexes they need if they are ever in a dangerous situation and gives them the confidence to stand up for themselves and fight back if needed.
2. Self-confidence - As children become more proficient in martial arts, their confidence gets a big boost. They will become more self-assured and confident. Their instructor’s encouragement goes a long way to help them achieve this goal, but the confidence level will extend far beyond our program.
3. Self-esteem - Our program improves a child’s self-esteem through consistent positive verbal reinforcement and rewards system. When kid’s work to earn their next belt level, not only are they learning world-class self-defense, they are building self-esteem and learning to feel good about themselves. Unlike most other martial arts programs, Route 250 Martial Arts does not charge fees for testing or advancement. We believe a student must earn their next belt, not pay for it!
4. Focus - Focus plays a massive role in the mindsets of children who have limited attention spans in their life. Route 250 Martial Arts will build this attention span, and teach your child to focus on the task at hand while improving their listening and reaction skills at the same time. This type of training will carry over into their school and home life.
5. Self-discipline - Our instructors are masters at creating a vision for your child that self-discipline is fun and rewarding. We are able to do this through interactive and teamwork oriented games and drills. Your child will begin to improve their ability to initiate accountability, follow directions and take pride in doing the right thing.
6. Teamwork and Positive Social Interaction - Teamwork is vital for any young person to develop. Our program is designed to create a teamwork oriented environment, to create confidence in the ability to work with others and build character and teach your child that they can accomplish more when we work together.
7. Self-control and Decision Making - Self-control refers to the training that one gives one’s self to achieve a specific task or to adopt a particular pattern of behavior, even though one is unfocused or would instead be doing something else. When your children have learned to listen to their instructor, mom, dad, pay attention in class while listening to their teacher instead of talking to their friend next to them, they are demonstrating the ability of self-control. This is a skill set that is worked on in every class.
8. Respect - One of the most important words we use in martial arts is respect. Students are taught to respect their instructors, each other and themselves. Our instructors spend class time discussing the importance of respecting school teachers and parents. Respect is often missing in today’s society. This is what separates our program from other sports. It’s not just about winning, but about personal growth and becoming a better person.
9. Coordination and motor skills - Children with healthy bodies, fine-tuned motor skills and physical coordination developed through our program will have improved general health, sports performance, as well as other physical activities such as dancing or riding a bike. Our training will develop your child’s cardiovascular system, muscular system, and will create a general kind of body awareness which can only be gained through whole body methods that martial arts provide. Best of all, your child will be more coordinated, be less prone to injuries and be much more aware of their body and how to use it correctly.
10. Physical Fitness and Healthy Living - It is essential for children to understand the importance of being healthy and physically fit at an early age. Being physically fit is a necessity for any martial artist but more importantly the sooner we enforce this concept, the healthier your child will be now, and less difficult it will be to stay physically fit as they grow older. Here at Route 250, we stress the importance of healthful eating while physical fitness activities are always fun and rewarding.